obnoxious taxi drivers

all about obnoxious taxi drivers

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Most eerie taxi trip ever

About a year ago I hailed a cab to bring me to Sarkies Road, where Alliance Francaise is situated.

I got on the cab and the driver sped off immediately, without asking me first where I was headed. When he finally asked, it was in Hokkien, because he apparently did NOT understand English or Mandarin.

(My Hokkien sucks by the way, but I shall try my very best to translate it as I understood it.)

TD - "Li ai ki tou lou?" - Where do you wanna go?

ME - "Sarkies Road"

TD - "HAH? Simi? Wa uhm zai la. Li ai ki orchard mai?" What? I don't know la. You want to go Orchard or not?

ME - "Mai mai, wa ai ki Sarkies Road. Li eh zai Newton Circus si tou lou bo? Kao4 jing4 Orchard." - Nono, I want to go to Sarkies Road, you know where Newton Circus is? Near Orchard.

TD - "Wa uhm zai la. Li ai ki Orchard Hotel mai?" - I don't know la. You want to go Orchard Hotel or not?

Apparently the only place he knows by name is Orchard, so while I was trying desperately to tell him I don't want to go to Orchard, he brought me all the way there and, get that, DROPPED ME OFF AT HYATT HOTEL.

I was like "What the hell..!??!"

But he goes "Wa uhm zai li ai ki tou lou la. Cheh eh si Orchard. Zap ji kor, gam sei" - I don't know where you want to go la. Twelve bucks please.

OMG that was freaking mean of him. He chased me off at Hyatt Hotel and immediately zoomed off with another poor passenger.

I had no freaking idea how to handle that dumb old man so I just stupidly paid him the money, and then ran over to Far East Plaza to grab another cab to Alliance Francaise.

But the scary part is this, because I was so damn pissed, I actually noted down the colour of the cab and the car plate number so that I could lodge a complain online. I was sure that I got the cab number and colour correct and the name of the cab driver too, and I told the cab company off about how they shouldn't allow cab drivers who can't speak a word of English (except Orchard) or Mandarin to run loose like that. Especially when he forced me to go to Orchard and then made me pay him for it.

A couple of days later, I received a reply from the cab company, saying that no such cab exists in their company, the car plate number did not match any on their records and neither did the name.

Scary right?!? I was utterly freaked man.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:50 AM, Blogger lewisgibson6024460956 said…

    Get your High School Diploma, Or any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

    Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

    Get these Degrees NOW!!!

    High School Diploma "BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

    Get everything within 2 weeks.
    100% verifiable, this is a real deal

    Act now you owe it to your future.

    (413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger Scarlett said…

  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger harris said…

    Really,This one is very nice and excellent information of the car trip and taxi trip.I love this great post.

    Taxi in barnet

     

Post a Comment

<< Home